Wednesday, June 29, 2005

About Blogging


Several summer’s ago, I was golfing with Mike. I hit a bad shot. I yelled – “Shoot.” Mike goes something like, “Ed, man, you’re a good golfer. But, hey, you’ve got to learn how to swear man! There’s more to this game, you have to know how to swear properly.” The previous week, around the house, I did something I was upset about and I yelled, “&%$#@” … you know what I mean. Mary got upset. “Ed, you know how I don’t like that language!”

Well, the point is, depending on where you are, who you’re talking to, we change our language and we filter our thoughts. Being around Mary, I alter the swearing, but out on the golf course, they’ll think I’m a wimp. Well, the thing about “blogging” is this: Anybody can tune in and listen/read your blog. So, there’s just one channel. What I’m saying is - “what I’m saying,” you know what I’m saying? If my students read the blog, if my golfing buddies read it, it’s the same. There’s no pretense. You get the person. Not Ed the golfer, not Ed the teacher/professor, not Ed the cousin, brother, or,…. just Ed.

So, it’s the same with your blog. Just you. Just communicate a few thoughts. Just connect. So, start one, link up, and share your thoughts. If I don’t like it, I just don’t have to read it.

2 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, ... I like your Tom Cruise comic especially.

- Ed

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger girish said...

ed--
cool idea to fold your drawings into your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home