Saturday, December 03, 2005

More snow, more poetry

More snow ... actually in Buffalo and the northern parts where I live, there isn't much snow right now. This is the time of year where I spend more time inside (no kidding) and read more, work out at the health club - running, work on the computer and future teaching, maybe write some papers, catch up on movies, go out to dinner, go to holiday parties, hit golf balls at the dome, ... and practice a lifestyle so that I will be completely comfortable when and if I need to move to an intergalactic space station.

They are making snow today
up in the sky,
intricate design
of Queen Anne's lace
that touches me softly
as it falls on my face.
I hesitate to walk
the virgin white ground
for fear of brutalizing
angel's art, all around.

- Rose Woloszyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home