Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sideways

I've been busy with work so I haven't been blogging too much. But, this weekend we got away from the rat-race and enjoyed a nice trip through wine country. There's nothing so nice as a quiet New England town in October or a nice trip through wine country in September! I love NY.

Although we prefer California Chardonnays and an occasional Chardonnay from elsewhere, NYS has terrific Riesling and Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. Picked up a 2004 Dr. Konstantin Frank Dry Riesling, among others.

Tomorrow is Monday and I'll be back at work and drinking coffee. Although I don't like giving up a weekend of golf, this was a nice trade-off!

2 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger richard said...

if you do make it to CA and want to enjoy some wine tasting and golf, plan on visiting San Luis Obispo on the Central Coast! Check out www.slopages.com and www.golfslo.com for winery and golf course listings ;).

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Thanks Richard!

A friend of mine spent part of a summer in San Luis Obispo and he really loved it. I checked out your link and that sounds like me: golf, wine country, temperate weather, etc. Thanks for the tip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home